How Does a Multimedia Resume Look like ? 2013

While attending CSUEB for Multimedia as my first option with my B.A. degree, I notice what can I do with that degree? I'm a designer not a developer with C++. I notice from LinkedIn and Craiglist.com that most well 80% of the jobs are for Multimedia Developer, so I told myself will I ever get a job with a Multimedia Career? So far, I been freelancing and getting small contract as a Jr. Freelance with multimedia design skills. I’m remodeling my site because for the past 2 years I done a lot of freelance + contract work for Multimedia. What is Multimedia and how does the resume look like? Well below is my own quest and I got 2 resume which is on Doc file and PDF file for graphics. I will break it down. This is my money maker also without my portfolio website (which is down for remodeling).

  1. Website Design (HTM5)
  2. Film Edited and DP
  3. Graphic Design (Flyers, Clothing designs)
Multimedia Designs are the art of Technician, development, and coding. Multimedia artist are the "looks" of a website with coding + adobe.
Following my main three parts of Multimedia, that’s my main income. Also Working 8 months as a contractor last year, I did Audio work which can quote as “Multimedia Technician”. People also do animation; I will  take a few more classes again to learn better action script + Mayan.
Also when I had my website running for 2010 and 2011, I have been doing a lot of gigs which was enough to build a portfolio but the pay was small. But I didn’t care I wanted to be that freelance Multimedia person or a long term contact with a company with 401K.

. MASTER, adbrite, ADOBE, ART, ART. DESIGN, ARTIST, BLOGGING, C++. HTML5, CSUEB, DEGREE, design, FILM, GRAPHIC, MULTIMEDIA, PORTFOLIO, PORTFOLIO 2.0., RESUME, RESUMES

Here is my 2012 portfolio, will change a few stuff when I release my new site.

Will a Multimedia Degree help in the long run? Yes it does! Why and how I know? I been researching on a few people who has a B.A degree and also master in Multimedia working for Pixar, professors, films companies, and quote “Senior Freelance Artist” that’s the money maker  and also a degree is required.  I'm not a Successful Multimedia artist yet, but I believe I'm going to the right path with the contracts + gigs I do for my portfolio.


www.jayaproduction.com

Comments

Popular Posts