ART HISTORY: MODERN ART (Marvel + Capcom) INFLUENCE FROM KHMER ART? 2012

I am a big fan of Marvel and "Iron-man", I had a good time watching " The Avengers r", last weekend. for this post, I'm going to write my own opinion on modern art that look similar to the Khmer art in Cambodia from Anime to Marvels.
ancient, angkor, ART, Avengers, book, CAPCOM, Comics, fighter, history, IRON, khmer, Lee, MAN, marvel, Stan, street, The, time. comic, CAMBODIAN, ART, WAT
For who don't know, I also got a degree in Art History, because I love history and art.I like to use my free time to study about the ancient world and also my culture. I know alot of Khmer history. but yea last few months, I came up with this thesis on my studies that I see in Cartoon and Comics.
 "Angkor Warrior" faces shows power and art. After the Khmer rouge war, the Cambodian "Khmer" art was on people shoulder, Speaking to spirits was Quote "Rap" in America (80s) and the Angkor Warrior show a hardcore and power side of the Khmer male which target Artist around the world to borrow the Khmer ancient aggressive power  looks, if this was facts that be amazing and  I feel proud of a hidden image that modern art transform the ancient Khmer art into a huge IMAGE ! below are the images I found from Capcom to Marvel. Being Cambodian, I will never know behind Marvel artists, the world is base on studies + statistic + document, but using my visual built eyes, art doesn't hide.
Ancient work show power and pride, and so far looking at the photo I feel much proud to see modern art look 95% similar to Ancient Khmer Art in Cambodia.

*click on photo to view full size (PHOTO FOUND ON GOOGLE.COM and JAYA PRODUCTION.COM)

Dont forget to check out Jaya Production Portfolio and updates
www.jayaproduction.com

Comments

Popular Posts