Craigslist vs. LinkedIn for career, gigs, or jobs for Artists 2012


All my life I have been using Craigslist to find gigs or small contract jobs to build my resume + Portfolio. I really love Craigslist, because of the option and promoting your portfolio online. That’s very good way to get CPV or CPM by sending a link of you resumes or posts an ad about your business. LinkedIn in the other hand, look more of a social site then “looking for a gig”. The advantaging of LinkedIn is that show how many people apply for a job and also you can see which company you are applying too. Below are the different I see in Craigslist and LinkedIn. This is for Multimedia, Graphic Designs, and Photographers.

Craigslist
  1. Can apply up to only 25 jobs with 1 e-mail
  2. Fast reply to a gig or job
  3. Easy to find cash from gigs
  4. Can’t see email of clients/company, if client reply back (safe)
  5. Less Spam now!
  6. Only can see less than 5MB from email for client/company
  7. Very easy to use

LinkedIn
  1. Can view how much people apply to that company you applied for
  2. Can see if company look at resume
  3. Can view big companies logo!
  4. Apply up to your desire
  5. Company response not as fast (3-5 days)
  6. Put a photo on your profile ;)
  7. Need to set up a portfolio and sign up for.
  8. CANT ATTACH FILE UP TO 1MB ;( FAIL FOR PDF FILES WITH ART PORTFOLIO


Using Jaya Production as a contract art Company, so far I have been using “Craigslist” for local gigs or small contact to build resume and portfolio. I use a lot of time on Craigslist to make that money for Jaya Production and also networking.
LinkedIn, I like it also because it has more job opening but haven’t got a good contract from it.
Both Sites, are useful and always remember to use both not just site. There are tons of sites for freelance artist such as freelancer.com, indeed.com, and other cool jobs site. At the time we need to apply as much as we could to live well as an artist. Now, I don’t just apply for California gigs, I also apply out of my zoon which means NYC or LA! Also the funny part about it, both sites help each other; for example, I use LinkedIn site and found jobs opening for Craigslist.com or a Craigslist ad saying “apply for LinkedIn web developer”. 
If this was 20 years ago for Artist, we got to walk in a building and show off our portfolio, wish I live in that time ;(

Dont forget to check out Jaya Production Portfolio and updates
www.jayaproduction.com

Comments

Popular Posts