Tumblr vs. Blogger/Blogspot for Photographers? 2012


I have Blogger and Tumblr accounts with Ad’s running around them. Being a photographer, I like to share my work around the community and also worldwide. So which social site can bring traffic and gain fan/support?? I been using blogger for 2-3 years I didn’t get that much traffic, but if I did an event in the local area, people can view their photos if I took  them in a club or a lounge. I can also write about my photography which doesn’t make sense but it bring viewers to understand my craft. So for me, I have to shoot an event, get paid, and post the photo on my blog to get local views. I was getting probably 100+ views a day if I shot Thursday event or a weekend event. But Tumblr, I sign up for 4 months ago bring me  traffic to my .com also, I started to understand the Tumblr rules and notice I gain from 10 followers  in March to 1000+ in April of 2012. Also I just post a photo what I shot in that week and random viewers or my followers blog it or quote “like” it. Below are my opinion about Blogger and Tumblr.com

TUMBLR
MORE COMMENT ON MY PHOTO
YOUTH VIEWERS AND OTHER PHOTOGRAPHERS
EASY TO GET A CPV
LESS WRITING
CONNECT WELL WITH INSTAGRAM FOR QUICK UPDATES
SHARE ART

BLOGGER
NEED TO PHOTOGRAPH AN EVENT FOR LOCAL TRAFFIC
WRITE ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPH AS JOURNALISM.
FACEBOOK SHARE
GOOGLE SEARCH ENGINE ON PHOTOGRAPH
MORE ADULT VIEWERS
SHARE MORE OF WRITING

This is my chart from my blogs to my Tumblr . I always put my website on my photo because well Tumblr many people like to reblog a photo and some of my photo was 200+ reblogs and that’s a lot of random traffic going to my Tumblr account. But I also love Blogger which give me random traffic from China to Russia.. But yea every traffic counts and I make sure each of my blogs and Tumblr are going directly to my "www.jayaproduction.com".

Comments

Popular Posts