The day I became a freelance artist.


Being a freelance artist is a big and a huge risk in my life, I met many freelance artists with big contract working with “Green-day (band), Spawn, Indie films, ETC. This quest I took so far I met many new friends and connection; however, tons of money from mistakes. I wanted to build a production base in Oakland with Multimedia and Photography; I wanted a Logo with a hidden message. I remember while networking at my university at Cal – State East-bay, I had so many error in my life when trying to make moves but always get check-mate and lost. I been lie and use as an artist, I lost trust and also made new trust. I am thankful that I walk the stage with a B.A. degree in Art: option: Multimedia and Photography + minor Art History. I was probably the first with these 2 options together. 
shirts, art, bayon, khmer, angkor, warrior, graphic, design, artist, multimedia, designer, vector, style, companie, adbrite, photoshop, cambodian, cambodia, wat,
Jaya Production Logo
Why did I use 2 as an option? Jaya Production started with film and CSUEB, did not have any film class. I had to study light and my vision from photography and use Multimedia skills for video-edited + story-board. I remember what I learn and use my gift and talent to build Jaya Production. I had a Business-permit ready for it also. I needed a logo; I wanted to blend in with my Culture “Khmer” and the modern art design “Vector-Style”. Jaya Production is part of a king name, Jaya is half name of king “Jayavarman VII”, half of the ancient Khmer king name will give me the strength to build Jaya Production and  remind his power in m art.  I started to do tons of Khmer work from graphic-design, photography, and films. The social-media took Jaya Production into becoming an art for the Khmer community. But how can I make money to invest in to Jaya production? I needed to follow the rules of an artist which was to make money and be happy. I had a logo and tons of work, now I need to make money to invest into Jaya Production. I started to do tons of gigs and get Jaya known in the east-bay as a Multimedia and photography services. Jaya Production became a freelance business with 100+ shoot a year and a few contract to be known in corporation in the East-bay. I was doing the gigs myself from working with rapper T-Short manager “Mr.Hubb” to San- Francisco biggest even promoters Baytobreakers”. I was doing business around the bay and wanted to use each penny to invest in the art of Cambodia. Jaya Production was also in a few Cambodian web-magazines. The income for Jaya Production is still building so far each month.  I will start attending more fashion-show around the bay, I also work with the top Fashion-show in San-Francisco as a photographer “SFMAMA”, meeting new people each time. The Network and Traffic started to build, the money I save be came as networking. Each dollar is a mile to network. I got to learn not to be cheap but smart with my income. Jaya Production has 2 portfolios from Weddings + family Portraits to Hardcore fashion + vixens. This hardcore work are not base on Cambodian art, but a way to show the local that Jaya Production one day can hang with the big boys.
shirts, art, bayon, khmer, angkor, warrior, graphic, design, artist, multimedia, designer, vector, style, companie, adbrite, photoshop, cambodian, cambodia, wat,
The Khmer community know Jaya Production 
as the "Angkor Warrior".
The name of Jaya Production became more of a real company not an artistic company for the Cambodian community. Many people did not see much of my work base on the Khmer art. I mean I was doing Cambodian traditional weddings but the Khmer community wanted to see the old Bulli Sot “Angkor Warrior”, I remember this feeling but I got to tell followers that my life is based on gigs + contracts, without that I will lose all my value as an artist. I got to remember that Jaya Production is based on the ancient king and the famous temple in Cambodia “Bayon”, I finally found a way to do tons of work. Drink red-bulls, work on my clients work, then do my Khmer projects. I finally show more Khmer work this week and people started to feel that vibe from me again because of my old youtube.com videos and also the history that I know about the Khmer empire.
After the new site release, viewers will see more Khmer art and also a link to support from Kick-starters.com to help build Jaya Production not in Multimedia or Photography, but film. Film is the media, film show the power of the Angkor Warrior and many people love what I did and continue to see more. This art I brought into the media for the Cambodian community shock them well by people using my work as their own and drawing my figure to display as art. Jaya Production will still be run by me and my assistant’s and I will make sure to go beyond my imagination.
I realized, when I start do more gigs and higher contracts, I always got to remember to balance my work as a Khmer Artist, because so far I have step into the stone of making Khmer art look well in the modern-time.

What I learn how to build Jaya Production as an artist
  1. Blog to the followers and give updates to bring my clients + become a publisher
  2. Sell Product such as photo-frames, books, and graphic t-shirts
  3. Do tons of gigs from Multimedia to photography
  4. Promote in the public and use each social-media networking
  5. Balance business and Art project
  6. Use gigs to build portfolio for contracts
shirts, art, bayon, khmer, angkor, warrior, graphic, design, artist, multimedia, designer, vector, style, companie, adbrite, photoshop, cambodian, cambodia, wat,
First shirt design from Jaya Production
will connect with Bequareclothing.com
So far, I am using each day to learn more way to bring traffic around the world. I make sure to promote daily and also play with Adobe. Adobe is the heart of Freelance artist and we need to take care of it because Adobe will take care of us. I am getting book 2 months a head now, the bigger I show people that I am serious about Jaya Production. I had to do a lot of sacrifice and remember to have motivation myself each-night. Kick-starter will be a new fresh start to show donator’s and sponsor’s the hard work I did for art and hopefully things can be good for Jaya Production in the Future. I use 90% of the money go to Jaya and hopefully Jaya can make dreams come true for the Cambodian community.  Each year I build a new portfolio and every-time I release the new layout, many calls come and gigs ! Cant wait to finish the new-layout. 




Dont forget to check out Jaya Production Portfolio and updates


Comments

Popular Posts