Food Photography Tips: Fruits and Chocolate 2012

how to do food photography


Didn’t know Photography got so sweet and candy like ;) I mean wow, food photography are the best! Why? What do you do after a photographer shoot the food? FREE FOOD! At the moment, I had great time photography at “Fruits & Chocolate” in Alameda, California at the South Shore Center. My goal was to capture the taste and the soul of the Fruits! Found of Fruit of Chocolate “Wei Xu” designs his own idea of mixing fruit with Sweet from Chocolate and other great sweet that nature form.  Wei Xu notice I needed a good commercial photography so luckily my card was pass around the bay area
I really like this shot I did, by using natural lighting by the sun shining on the glass window for me to capture the image. By using a power lens from Canon “50mm 1.4”, I can focus well using a tripod without no flash or any crazy light! One of the workers had an idea and use candle behind the strew-berry. I really like this idea because if you can see from the photo; their wedding couple! Cream and Chocolate in a strawberry! This is very artistic and something new to my portfolio. The detail of the fruits is amazing but each design. The Strawberry is well and warm with a sweet luxury taste! This is very nice for chocolate lovers! Everything is done on the spot to make the fruit sweet and fresh. Back in doing the photography of this nice sweet couple, I got to make sure I can angle it right with light from the glass window and make sure it was enough to see the flame behind the both strawberry. Remember I got to make sure I capture it correctly for viewers to see the product not just a sweet photography. I remember timing my time while customers are looking at me doing it., I didn’t care because I want that shot. “BLAM” it looks good the flame was enough and the couples did a good job!
Fruits,Fruit,and,Chocolate,sweet,candy,ice,cream,love,food,photography,photograph,canon, professional, cake,strawberryWhy did I use a “50mm 1.4” with a tripod? Remember shooting with a Marco lens it will make the background less focus and the object focus. I also got to make sure the tripod can get the sharp images from the sun-light and the light all around the room. I did not do as much Photoshop for this photo just fix the contrast + Hue Saturation. I also got to make sure to shoot it Raw + high MB if the client wanted big poster for the store or for an event to showcase the product and my photograph! More networking for me right? This will fit well for my commercial photo section portfolio.
The new photo are a bunch of sweet chocolate wrap like a taco with a nice bow ;) wow I mean this is very nice for guest in a wedding or a family event. I love the idea of this and also very stylish. A paper wrap with a bow ;) sweet and nice! Also the cool part I had to finish it because I can ha-ha.  This is artistic also and color because the strawberry match the bow on the wrap. Got to make sure my fingers don’t get too much chocolate because I need to finish the shoot! For this shot, I did not use any flame but so far the photo turn up still sweet and nice.
Fruits,Fruit,and,Chocolate,sweet,candy,ice,cream,love,food,photography,photograph,canon, professional, cake,strawberryThis Shot was hard for me because I got to make sure I use a lot of light on the corner so people can focus 100% on the object the trick is to move the object around, remember I am using only Natural Light from the sun shining warm on the window. I also got to remember to not put the red color together so it can look well connected with the other colors (like a pattern). The main focus is not the strawberry but the chocolate, the chocolate got to make the viewers want to buy and taste the photo! How can I do it? Focus on the middle of the photograph and make sure people can see the object! I also did the same method on this photograph by using a tripod and the “50mm 1.4” from Canon. Thank god that the sun is still up! The sun did a very good job and I did not event touch my flash for this session; however I was prepare incase the sun did not look well that day ;)

Fruits,Fruit,and,Chocolate,sweet,candy,ice,cream,love,food,photography,photograph,canon, professional, cake,strawberry
Here is a combination of sweet ;) I really like this, because it fit well for wedding or some type of party up in the hill with Aston Martin Park on the front of the house. I can’t believe I am taking wonderful fruits using art as a product. I had to make sure to focus on the nicest idea that I see and also not to get too much information from the background, so I had to move my tripod with my “50mm 1.4” near the object.


How to shoot these Food photography style
  1. I use a tripod (any-kind)
  2. Make sure to use a 50mm 1.4 or 1.8 (doesn’t matter)
  3. Natural light make viewers focus on the object more

 I had a wonderful shooting for “Fruits and Chocolate”, and make sure to check out their website “www.fruitsandchocolate.com”, the cool part, they also do “Catering “ready for customers and people to eat! And also add them on Facebook and if you’re ever in Alameda, make sure to visit them and get a bite! YELP THEM good reviews and also the review are great in yelp.com
I want to thank Wei Xu, for the gig and 2.5 years in business as a CEO! If you’re a chocolate lover and want fruits blend in with it? Make sure to visit the store and support!

Fruits and Chocolate
Alameda South Shore Center
2228-B South Shore Center
Alameda, CA 94501
 Email: info@fruitsandchocolate.com or use Contact Form
Telephone:             (510) 521-8868     
 Hours of operations: Monday to Sunday
11:30am-7:00pm









Dont forget to check out Jaya Production Portfolio and updates

Comments

EatDrinkFlash said…
Nice Post!
Thanks for sharing this with us.
A good Food Photographer in London always clicks the amazing and mouth-watering picture of food with the used of a digital professional camera. For the photoshoot, you can contact Eat Drink Flash Company.
Forhad Hossain said…
Excellent tips on food Photography and Loved Those Photos. Thanks For Shearing Useful information and that is the reason I love this blog so much. Additionally i have a Product Photo Editing Service providing site that Provide High Quality Photoshop Image Editing Service.Thank You So Much For Your Great post.

Popular Posts