Do America Media dislike a powerful Asian male? 2012


Let me start off my intro of being an Asian American; growing up in America, a lot of Southeast Asian American or Asian American did not have any quote "Asian  Heroes" in American media except cartoon "Dragon-Ball Z or a similar Asian face "Brace Lee". When the  21st century hit us, we notice more Asian male in the media. It doesn’t matter if he is Asian American male or Asian male from oversea, someone can feel the image toward an ethnic group.
First let me start off by Jin the MC (first Asian American to show off his Hip-hop skills in live T.V), His skill in battling made him a superstar toward a lot of Asian American, this broke the stereo-type that are Asian are nerds, dorky, and no "Street-swag", Jin made it into a Hip-hop record company "Ruff Ryder”, but his album was always push back so far that people didn’t follow up! He was also in Fast and Furious. But he left the scene here in America and went to China to build a career; so far he is very well known in China as Chinese superstar. The way American media set for him, even the fans of Jin know that the U.S media made it very hard for him to come up as an artist in the hip hop scene, he is born in America.
Everyone know about “Jeremy Lin”, big highlight this year in the NBA, he also broke the stereo-type how the media Betray Asian in the media, his sex appeal got so much attention that females around the world wanted him! He was doing very well before he focuses on passing the ball, which made him score less in his games. We got Mayweather (pro-American boxer), making joke about him and even ESPN article an image about Lin "Chink in the Armor".After the Lin hype this didn't just made an impact toward the Chinese or Taiwanese community but an Asian person in the American scene, and he was Asian American "5 Stars" for that. 

Manny Pacquiao versus. Timothy Bradley Review
Now the big stories yesterday fight with “Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley”, I went on my Facebook page and Tumblr (5000+ followers) after I hear the lost of Manny Pacquiao, I notice that many people thought the fight was not fair, even Robert "Bob" Arum, said in yahoo and many other articles’s that he is very ashamed in boxing. What happen? On 6/9/2012 was the judge on some type of new drug? Or didn’t focus too much on Manny Pacquiao? Or needed a new hype-person because of Manny Pacuquao career might be an end in a few more years of retirement, last but not least money or pride? We will never know from the judges but this effect many Asian American in America not just the Philippines or the Filipino community,  because now many Asian American male can finally look up to an Asian male in the media and this is Boxing: A sport with pride and honor. Seeing an Asian male lost in sport mean that a hero are weaken from the media but many people know that this fight was CHEATED! I also notice many hate on Facebook that "us Asian Nation need  will shut down the internet with our powers" or "Lets start a race-war" <-- didn't like what I just saw on my Facebook, well I am ok, I am dating a black woman so I am in good hands "haha", and after the fight the spoke person that night asked Bradley he thought he won and  Bradley said "I have to watch the tape". Watch the tape to see if u won? Manny just fought u, and Bradley should know if he won or not.
American, ASIAN, boxing, cheated, fight, hollywood, illuminat, male, manny, media, pacquiao, POWER, sex, symbol, Timothy,Bradley,ReviewGrowing up I train as a kick-boxer, watching this weekend sport with Manny Pacquiao, I don’t believe boxing will be a big hype in 10 years if this cont. to happen, people might change the love of boxing into MMA or UFC? who know right? because the way we saw the fight between Manny and Timothy  this consider to be fake or just all about the money now. I watch 12 rounds of the fight and notice that Manny won 90% of the fight in the ring. I notice Bradley, was lost + confuse most of the time and Manny laugh in the ring. People boo and boo after the fight; this will haunt Bradley career and probably has hate toward him  by  viewers who love boxing. So many negative comment around the world in many different article saying the judge "need to go to jail"! or how Arum is money hungry. Think about it, after Manny and Mayweather retire, who will be the next big hype? boxing might die out? And also what if this happen to Mayweather? Mayweather probably go crazy and quote "bitch" like how he does on his social-media apps compare to Manny who use nagative impact as a positive look with real honor + Pride. Well after the fight, people want to focus more on different fighting spot  such as MMA +UFC, screw that I am a kickboxing fan K1!  (VIEW SCORING BOARD)

Why does the media like to downgrade many Asian stars in America after a shine of light? or the media isn't ready for a big hero for the American people? People love Jin, Jermey Lin, and Manny”, does American Media dislike power of an Asian Male in the states? we will never understand the media and how they control the mind of people, but we know that all this Asian male are humble and very well known to be friendly in person. facts toward all Asian actors, musician and athletic are very humble after this attack from big media’s and less respect toward their career from people in their category.. Asian male in the entertainment, sports, ETC still stay humble with respect and pride. .
 I am an Asian American “Cambodian male”, I am very big toward my community in America, and I became one of the few Cambodian male to get a degree from a low income family in Oakland. I went to school to study Multimedia, and I had to study the Media. The media is one powerful tool to eat people mind! I had to pick on a topic that I wanted to write about, I choose to write about how "Asian male in the entertainment business in America" less luck  “haha”, but when I realized when I look outside of America, I notice Asian male are well known in movies, sports and other media field with big respect; Donnie Yen (Actor and Director), Jackie Chan (Actor), Rain (Singer), Taeyang + BIGBANG (Singers), Hong-10 (Dancer), Buakaw Banchamek (Kick-boxer), Eh Phoutong (Kick-boxer), and the list can go on! Now having YouTube and other social-sites, many Asian American can look up to tons of Asian around the world not just America; if I included a West-Asian actor “Shahrukh Khan” (actor) has one of the biggest pay in the world as an Actor.
Why this topic so important toward me? Growing up in urban life in high-school wasn’t easy, many Asian kids get pick on and made fun of being nerdy or some-type of act. Being Cambodian American, we did not like this and we continue to use our force against any racist act toward the Asian American in High-school, I remember teaming up with many different Asian group just to build numbers to protect our group from danger. But I did not see any grow in the community just hate and tons of problems. I wanted to use my mind more than force so I major in my field as an artist, because I know being an Artist, I can control and inspire many young Asian American in my field. So far is working and so far the bigger I get I know that I will inspire many Asian in the urban community to grow up strong in my field. Cambodian around the world believe I will make a film toward Cambodian American. I just don't inspire the Cambodian community,  Chinese folks, Filipino  to UK kids? wow amazing sometime :).
My last thought, the U.S. media is still upset about the fight between “Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris” fight scene? Brace Lee notice how powerful the media can be and how it can affect Asian American. Brace Lee did most of his film in China and had more respect in the Chinese Media before his dead. Remember, Brace Lee was born in the America. This is just my thought about the media in America toward Asian male, we are notice most  Asian females are well known in the scene of Hollywood with a lot of sexy scene compare to a nerdy + goofy Asian male actor. O yea, “The Walking Dead‘s Glenn, aka The Last Asian Man Standing  had nice scene with one of the blonde female, but please Hollywood why made him so shy? Next time use “Keni style”, lol 

Doesn't matter where you from America. Europe, Canada, people judge you by your origin most of the time then your house address.  America will always know that when an Asian person make it big here, it will hit their motherland with more open-doors + power, an Asian male don't have to be a slave in the media but something beyond. 




Dont forget to check out Jaya Production Portfolio and updates

Comments

Popular Posts